- White Residence Press Secretary Kayleigh McEnany said Friday that the White Residence condemned Hong Kong’s decision to postpone its legislative council elections for one year.
- Sooner or later earlier, President Donald Trump fast in a tweet that the US may possibly simply still prolong its presidential election over his baseless tell that mail-in voting is spurious.
- President Trump doesn’t bask in the vitality to prolong the November presidential election.
- Seek the advice of with Alternate Insider’s homepage for extra tales.
Sooner or later after President Donald Trump fast delaying the November US presidential election, White Residence Press Secretary Kayleigh McEnany said at some stage in a press conference that the White Residence condemned Hong Kong’s decision to postpone its legislative council elections for one year.
“We condemn the Hong Kong executive’s decision to postpone for one year its legislative council elections and to disqualify opposition candidates,” McEnany said Friday after a reporter requested whether Trump supported the transfer to prolong the elections.
“This motion undermines the democratic processes and freedoms that bask in underpinned Hong Kong’s prosperity,” she said, per a transcript of the press conference produced by the White Residence.
President Trump doesn’t bask in the vitality to prolong the November presidential election, as Alternate Insider has beforehand reported, and he floated his Thursday recommendation over his baseless claims that mail-in voting is spurious.
Carrie Lam, the chief executive of Hong Kong, cited issues over the coronavirus outbreak within the choice to prolong the election on the starting up slated for September, that will now be held in September 2021.
The transfer used to be widely considered as a setback for the educated-democracy motion that has been building there whereas China tightens its grip on Hong Kong.
- Read extra:
- Trump publicly criticized Fauci again and called his congressional testimony ‘sinful!’
- Trump instructed reporters on Air Drive One he is banning TikTok from the US
- Trump says he’s voting absentee within the 2020 election after months of baseless attacks on mail-in voting
- Hong Kong genuine delayed its elections in a blow to democracy with unsettling parallels to Trump